PRIVACY STATEMENT UNITED FASHION BENELUX
1. Style Italy considers it extremely important that privacy-sensitive information is handled in a safe manner and with all due care. Style Italy has drawn up this Privacy Statement in that context, in order to inform you about how Style Italy will handle your personal data for various purposes. This Privacy Statement applies in respect of every use of all web pages (including the Internet portal) under the domain name https://styleitaly.eu./ and all other affiliated domain names that fall under that domain name, and in respect of all services that Style Italy offers.
2. The use of the masculine gender in this Privacy Statement is intended to include the feminine.
Use of Personal data
4. In certain cases Style Italy uses personal data. Personal data are taken to mean: any and all information and data that can be directly or indirectly traced to a natural person. The use of personal data is governed by the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming), to be referred to below jointly as the ‘GDPR’. In some situations the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet) also applies. The use of personal data is termed ‘processing’ in the GDPR. Style Italy ensures that it always bases the processing of data on one of the bases stipulated in Article 6 of the GDPR. Style Italy compiles and processes customers’ personal data for the following purposes
1. to complete your orders and to inform you of their status;
2. to perform analyses for reporting purposes;
3. to optimise our services and provide you with special offers;
4. to inform you about products and events;
5. to show you personalised advertisements;
6. to link your data to the Loyalty Programme, if you are a member;
7. to provide information to third parties that are required to execute an order,
or if you have granted permission to do so;
8. to provide information about you to third parties in the event that we are required
to do so on the ground of the applicable laws and regulations (b.v. to investigative
9. to verify whether you can comply with your payment obligations and to verify all
the facts and factors that are relevant in order to enter into and/or perform
agreements in a responsible manner;
10. to secure, modify and improve the website; and
11. to verify your identity and prevent fraud.
5. When you place an order with Style Italy you will be requested to provide a number of data: your name, telephone number, e-mail address, delivery address, payment method, account number/credit card number, expiration date of your credit card and the security code on your credit card. Those data are needed so that Style Italy can process your order. Credit card details are never shared with third parties.
6. All your information that is needed to process your credit card payments and transactions is sent to our bank, ABN AMRO, and to Multisafepay.
Multisafepay is a company that offers technological solutions for online payments in e-commerce and is an interface between credit card companies, banks, merchants and consumers when online payments are made on Style Italy’s website. Style Italy makes agreements with those companies with respect to the processing of your personal data, in order to protect your privacy. The banking information is never saved, and every payment method offered is secured.
Rights of persons concerned
7. ‘Persons concerned’ within the meaning of the GDPR are the natural persons to which the personal data relate. That includes persons such as customers, business relations, employees, clients, contractors and visitors to Style Italy’s website. Style Italy informs persons concerned in an accessible and understandable manner with respect to the processing of personal data. In the event that personal data are processed, the persons concerned have to right to inspect the personal data and the right to have the data corrected or deleted.
8. If you would like to know whether Style Italy processes your personal data, you can send a written request to inspect, together with your point of view if you wish, to: [email protected] Style Italy will handle a request to inspect within four weeks. In the event that personal data are being processed, Style Italy will send you a complete and clear list of those data, including a description of the purpose of the processing, the data to which the processing relate, the recipients and the information available with respect to the origin of the personal data. At your request Style Italy also will inform you of the logic that underlies the computerised processing of the personal data. Should it appear that personal data are incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can send an supplementary request to have the personal data changed or supplemented.
9. In the event that you do not consent to Style Italy’s use of your personal data, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Controller and processors (including sub-processors)
10. Style Italy is the ‘controller’ within the meaning of the GDPR; the controller has control over the processing of the personal data and determines the purpose for and manner in which the data are processed.
11. Style Italy sometimes engages other companies to provide it with services. In such instances Style Italy remains responsible for the processing of your personal data. Style Italy makes contractual agreements with those companies with respect to the handling of your personal data, in order to ensure that your privacy remains safeguarded. Those companies are referred to as ‘processors’ or ‘sub-processors’.
Security of personal data
13. Pursuant to the GDPR, Style Italy is obliged to take suitable technical and organisational measures to prevent personal data from being lost and to prevent unauthorised parties from gaining access to personal data. Style Italy has taken various suitable technical and organisational measures. Examples of those measures include:
a: all of Style Italy’s employees have a duty of confidentiality with respect to confidential information, in the broadest sense of the word;
b: the password of your personal account is encrypted; and
c: personal data are always sent using a secured connection.
Personal data retention period
14. Style Italy does not retain personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose of the processing.
15. Style Italy does everything in its power to prevent data leaks. In the unlikely event that a data leak nonetheless occurs, Style Italy has drawn up a mandatory duty to report protocol, which is consistently enforces.
16. Style Italy reserves the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement. None of provisions stipulated in this Privacy Statement are intended to give rise to any obligation or agreement between Style Italy and a person concerned.
Questions and feedback
1014 BB Amsterdam
+31 (0)20 - 411 89 38
This page was last modified on May 23, 2018.